If the Demaras Auto Racing Team was born somewhere, it would have to be the now-closed Nascar Speedpark in Vaughan, Ontario (replaced by a Legoland). There were no less than five tracks at the Speedpark including SlideWays, The Family 500 and for the rookie racer, The Qualifier.
These were electric karts limited to less than 10 km/h, but to 5 year old Daniel Demaras, it was like strapping himself in for Indy 500 qualifying.
Despite being a Canadian boy, with Greek and Danish heritage, Daniel always knew his colours were red, white and green.
After years of watching Schumacher and Raikkonen winning Formula 1 World Championships for the Scuderia Ferrari, Daniel was convinced that the Italian national anthem was the Ferrari ‘theme song’
From an early age, Daniel Demaras showed a strong interest in motorsports. Daniel was the only boy to wear an fire-proof Nomex racing jacket on this kindergarten trip to the apple orchard.
Polson Pier Go Karts
Another long-lost track, the high banked oval at Polson Pier, also known as The Docks in downtown Toronto. This insane track lasted only one summer before it was shut down for safety reasons. A poured concrete oval, with high banking, in the middle of a parking lot downtown. The track was wide enough that when you looked away and waved to mom, you could easily drive headfirst into the steel barrier.
Blue Mountain Go Karts
Blue Mountain Go Karts in Collingwood, Ontario provided a safe racing environment for Daniel. The karts weren’t quick, but the track was suitably twisty, and a lot of fun.
Shanty Bay Go Karts
When the Toronto-area go-kart tracks just didn’t provide the thrill Daniel was looking for, a trip north to Barrie, Ontario was the solution. Shanty Bay Go Karts had a unique oval track for smaller kids.
Junior Red Riders
Thanks to the Honda Junior Red Riders program, Daniel was able to try two wheels instead of four…well outside his comfort zone.
Putting away the toys…time to RACE
As Daniel matured, he outgrew his old #27 Gold Go Kart. The thrill of getting behind the wheel at the ‘kiddie track’ just didn’t do it for him any more. He wanted competition, and a real challenge.
In February 2017, the Demaras Auto Racing Team purchased a new race Kart for young Daniel to begin competing in club racing.
- Chassis #1: Intrepid N0216
- Chassis #2: Intrepid N0268
- Engine #1: Briggs & Stratton B20160411628
- Engine #3: Briggs & Stratton B20180310865
- Engine #2: Briggs & Stratton B20150722081
- Engine #4: Briggs & Stratton B20180310281
- DD-A Tires: V30703675 / V30700382 / V3588756 / V3605241
- DD-B Tires: V3075519 / V30745215 / V30281019 / V30353106
- DD-C Tires: V30965932 / V30898282/ 3769583 / 3736769
- DD-D Tires: V30592026 / V30509139 / 3733655 / 3769532
- DD-E Tires: V37494937 / V37498199 /3772288 / 3769221
- DD-W1 Wet Tires: 3399499 / 3399524 / 3395987 / 3396045
- DD-W2 Wet Tires: V37474742 / V37475462 / V37475464 / V37475380