K1 Speed World Championship
K1 Speed is the leader in the indoor electric go-karting scene. The K1 Circuit in California will be the company’s official debut into outdoor electric pro-kart racing. K1 Circuit is a project that has been three years in the making, and will be the first of its kind when it opens later this year.
Everything about the location will be state-of-the-art, from the track to the amenities. The track itself will feature banked turns and dramatic elevation changes. It is here that a Region Champion, Country Champion, and a World Champion will be crowned during the final event.
K1 SPEED WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
- Brand-new championship to feature representative drivers from every K1 Speed location around the world.
- K1NG of Speed Elimination to produce Center Champion at all K1 Speed centers
- All Center Champions invited to participate in the K1 Speed World Championship finale held at the All-New K1 Circuit
- Four championship categories include: Center Champion, Region Champion, Country Champion, and World Champion
- K1 Speed World Champion to receive $10,000 cash prize!
The final event will span an entire weekend, with racers earning cumulative points over a series of heat races. On the final day of the event, a grand finale will be held for the fastest racers in the competition. The racer with the highest points at the end of the competition will become the inaugural K1 Speed World Champion, with the top finishers from each country and region becoming the respective champions.
The top three finishers of the World Championship will be awarded with cash prizes: $10,000 for first place, $5,000 for second place, and $3,000 for third place. In addition to the cash, other amazing prizes will be rewarded including products from K1 RaceGear’s current lineup.
“With the introduction and popularity of electric racing series around the world, I’m ecstatic that K1 Speed will be creating an international series of its own…the K1 Speed World Championship is the first international electric karting championship in the country, and we already cannot wait to see the best of K1 Speed compete against each other at K1 Circuit during the championship finale.”