The Honda Indy Toronto is much more than a street circuit for hardcore gearheads. It has grown into a three day festival of speed for the whole family. The Demaras Auto Racing Team will be spectators this weekend with Daniel #7 Demaras, Chris #16 Demaras, and newest team member, 8-year-old Michelle “The Rookie” Demaras.
Important Pick-Up Information:
Rookie Racers Backpacks will be available during event hours in Salon 109 of the Enercare Centre. Please bring valid photo ID for pick up. ID must match the name of the purchaser (parent). Rookie Racers must wear their Rookie Racers Credential to be able to participate in activities.
Race Weekend Activities Include:
- Friday, July 13th – Scavenger Hunts! First FIVE Rookie Racers receive a prize!
- Saturday, July 14th @ 10AM – Meet and Greet and Paddock Tour with DEForcing Racing Team! Meet us at the Mazda Road to Indy trailer next to the Verizon IndyCar Paddock.
- Saturday, July 14th @ 2PM – Q&A Session with ProMazda Driver, Parker Thompson! Meet us at the Presentation Room in the Enercare Centre.
- Sunday, July 15th @ 2:15PM – High five ALL the Verizon IndyCar Series drivers (including your favourite!) before they head off to race for the #indyTO trophy! Meet us at Salon 103.
Rookie Racers Kit Includes:
- Welcome Letter from the President
- Scavenger Hunt
- Tim Hortons Rookie Racers T-Shirts
- Rookie Racers Souvenir Credential
- Honda Sunglasses
- Honda Junior Red Riders Socks
- IndyCar Colouring Pages (including crayons)
- CAA Emoji Squishy toys
- NASCAR Acceleration Nation Activity Books
- NASCAR Pinty’s Series Decals
- Ontario Grain Farmers Squishy Cars
- Cooper Tires backpack, earplugs, lanyard and hat
- Meridian Piggy Banks
- Powerade bottles
FRIDAY (in the EnerCare Atrium)
- 11:00AM-11:30AM – USF2000
- 11:45AM-12:15PM – Indy Lights/ProMazda
- 12:30PM-1:30PM – IndyCar Series
SATURDAY (in the EnerCare Atrium)
- 12:00PM-1:00PM – NASCAR Pinty’s Series (at Yokohama Trailer)
- 3:15PM-3:45PM – Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge Canada
The Honda Speed Zone is an area filled with kid- focused activities and fast-paced fun, including interactive games from Toronto’s favourite sports teams, Hockey slap shot zone, Golf practice swing zone, Toronto Blue Jays baseball batting cage, inflatables, Complimentary Cotton Candy, Snow Cones and Popcorn presented by Honda. The Honda Speed Zone is a segment of Thunder Alley, alongside other interactive contests and exhibits from event partners, food trucks and vendors and fan merchandise.
Cooper Tires Stage Q&A Times:
- Friday: 3:20pm – ArmsUp Motorsports’ Max Peichel and Dakota Dickerson
- Saturday: 3:15pm – Exclusive Autosport drivers Igor Fraga, Danial Frost, Parker Thompson and Antonio Serravalle
- Sunday: 2:30 pm – Andretti Autosport’s Dalton Kellett
Honda World, located at the heart of the Honda Indy Toronto street course is home to many fan favourite activities include face painting, racing simulators, video walls, Ontario Science Centre’s Van de Graaff generator a unique photo opportunity with a replica James Hinchcliffe show car. Honda World also presents kids aged 6 to 12 the opportunity to learn the fundamentals of dirt biking with the return of the Honda Junior Red Riders program.
CAA Members, don’t forget to visit us inside the Enercare Centre and visit the Member’s only lounge. Come inside from the heat and cool off at our relaxing lounge that will feature comfy lounge seating, free giveaways, an on-site contest to win 2019 tickets and more! We’re located inside the Enercare Centre in the main hallway just outside the entrance to Exhibit A.
Lake Shore Straightaway:
Stretching most of the way down the north side of the high-speed Lake Shore Boulevard straightaway, there is a stretch of shady grass to stretch out, and cool off while you relax and focus on the race. This is the fastest area of the track providing fans with a view of cars at their top speeds. Although this spot is a fair distance from the main gate, it is ideally situated in front of Thunder Alley. Arriving early to secure a spot in this shady area is recommended.
Pinty’s Pub & Grill
Located next to Gate 1 and the Princess Gates, the Pinty’s Pub & Grill provides an awesome outdoor pub patio atmosphere with a great sightline of the IndyCars as they approach the first turn on the racetrack! This family-friendly spot is ideal for anyone looking to satisfy their hunger without missing a moment of the race. This section is also an accessible area!
Miller Lite Deck
Located near thunder alley and turn 4 the Miller Lite Deck provides an excellent location to sit back and relax on a raised platform and watch the cars as they come out of turn 4 and into turn 5. The Miller Lite Deck is also wheelchair accessible, has food options and TV’s so you won’t miss any of the on-track action!