The entire Demaras family was saddened to receive the news today. The March 24-31 family trip to California to watch Daniel compete in the K1 Speed World Championships has been cancelled, and the event has postponed until the summer, at the earliest.

Hello Championship Racer,

Due to the recent travel ban, our international competitors can no longer attend our World Championship. So, in the interest of fair competition, we are postponing the United States Championship and World Championship final that was to be held March 26, 2020.

We are tentatively targeting sometime in summer to now host the championship, with the date to be determined. Rest assured, we’ll provide you with plenty of time to plan arrangements for the new date.

We sincerely apologize for any inconveniences that stem from this announcement. Like other event and motorsport organizers, we had been following our county’s Public Health Department guidelines. They have not been recommending cancellation or postponement of any public event, as the risk in Orange County is low. However, due to the travel ban, we cannot deny our international racers with the opportunity to win the championship.

Since this whole event is a time of celebration and for you to meet with our extended international K1 Speed family, the US Championship will run on the rescheduled date as well.

Once again, we regretfully take this action, but given the recent development, we had no choice but to move the date. We appreciate your understanding – this is new territory for us all.

We will reach out again over the coming months with a new date and will reconfirm RSVPs. As a result of the postponement, you can expect an even bigger and better event than it would’ve already been.

Thank you again for your understanding during these unprecedented times.

K1 Speed

1 thought on “POSTPONED: K1 Speed World Championship

Leave a Reply